This warranty DOES NOT cover any of the following:
- Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance caused to the equipment by faulty or incorrect external electrical wiring, incorrect power supply, voltage fluctuations, over voltage transients or electromagnetic interference not originating within the equipment.
- Damage or problems caused by storm, fire, flood, vandalism, misuse, negligence, acts of god, earthquake, war, vermin, foreign matter entering the equipment (e.g. dirt and moisture) or any other outside agency.
- Damage or deterioration to the external surfaces or refrigeration coils caused by normal weathering or corrosive atmospheric conditions.
- Any costs or additional labour associated with gaining acceptable service access to equipment installed in restricted or unsafe locations (e.g. high installations, safety induction courses).
- Any consumable items (e.g. batteries, filters, etc) supplied with the equipment unless the item is shown to be defective at the time of purchase.
- Faults or substandard performance incurred through lack of maintenance (e.g. blocked drains or dirty filters)
- Faults or substandard performance caused by any product or part other than that supplied by Frost Air Conditioning.
- Faults or substandard performance resulting from operation of the air conditioner when used for applications other than the climatic comfort of humans.
- Damage, problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from misapplication of the unit.
- Faults or substandard performance caused by unauthorised repairs, alterations or modifications to the original installation.
Where this warranty does not apply, the Owner’s rights are limited to the Owner’s non-excludable Statutory Rights.
The owner is responsible for the correct operation and regular maintenance of the equipment as listed below. The correction of any non product fault or problem is not covered by this warranty:
- Operation and maintenance of the equipment in accordance with the operating instructions
- Regular cleaning of the air filter(s) and replacement where necessary.
- Ensuring that the air inlet and outlet on the outdoor unit is kept clear of any obstructions (e.g. dirt, leaves, plants)
- Ensuring that the condensate drain is kept clear and clean.
- Replacement of exhausted remote batteries.